Payment Options & Related Information
Methods of Payment
You may pay your bursar bill online from your personal checking, savings, or credit card via:
- Deferment Option
- Electronic Funds/Wire Transfer
- Mail in your Check or Money Order
- Sponsored Students
- Cash or Traveler's Checks
- 529 College Savings
- NOTE: Checks presented in person at the Office of Student Financial Services or dropped into the drop-box in the lobby may be converted into an electronic payment format.
Because paying in person may involve waiting in line, students are encouraged to pay on-line using credit card, check or saving account, by mail, or by using the drop box. Mailing your payment at least five business days prior to the due date will help ensure receipt of payment by the due date.
For full details of the Deferment option and a list of Frequently Asked Questions, follow the link above. The following is an excerpt from the Announcement.
Students who register prior to the first billing of a semester may qualify for our "Deferment Option". The deferment payment amount will include 100% of any prior term or past due charges, 100% of prior or current term Refunds, Short Term Loans, and approximately 25% of any current term unpaid credit hour, course related, mandatory fees, miscellaneous charges and current term housing charges.
The deferment payment will be calculated and clearly indicated on the first bill of each term. A service charge of $15.00 will be included in the deferment payment. Denial of the payment plan option may occur if payments are received after the payment due date (the third Tuesday of the month in which the bill is sent).
- Checking or Savings account (e-check)
- Discover, MasterCard, or American Express
NOTE: Beginning August 1, 2010, a convenience fee/service charge will be assessed for using your credit card. To learn more, click the following link: Credit Card Convenience Fee to learn more.
To view an online tutorial on 'How to Pay Your Bill,' check out
our tutorial page by clicking the following link:
How to Pay Bill Tutorial.
The Student Can:
- View or Print exact copies of your past bills.
- Make payments to your bursar account from your personal checking, savings, or credit card (Discover, MasterCard, American Express).
- Create Authorized Payers: you create a unique username/password combination for each authorized payer. Once authenticated, Authorized Payers can view your account and make payments. This could be used for spouses, parents, or even employers and allows each to setup their own confidential checking account information. (Banking account information for each Authorized Payer is viewable only by that individual).
The Student and the Authorized Payer Can:
- Receive e-mail notifications when new bills have been sent to your QuikPay account, or a payment has been made by an Authorized Payer.
- View history of all payments made - by whom, how much, and when.
- View history of billing statements as your billing history file develops over time.
Note: Our staff does not have access to your confidential banking information.
Click the following link to: Launch the QuikPay login
The the following link if you are an Authorized Payer and would like to make a payment for a student:
Pay Bill as Authorized Payer
For payment of IUPUI Tuition
If you would like to pay your tuition and fees via electronic funds deposit (wire transfer) you may use the following process. We recommend you pay only the expected amount of tuition for each semester.
To guarantee proper application of these payments, the following process must be followed.
|Bank Name:||The Northern Trust Company|
|801 S Canal Street C5S|
|Chicago, IL 60603|
|Account Name:||Trustees of Indiana University|
It is imperative to include the following information when making the transfer. If this information is incomplete or missing, the payment may not be properly credited to your customer account in a timely manner.
* Customer Identification Number
* The notation: Payment on IUPUI account
* Date of Transfer
* Amount of Transfer
* Origin of the transfer (country or bank name)
After the transfer is made, please provide the above transfer information to the IUPUI Office of the Bursar at email@example.com. (Please use subject line "WIRE TRANSFER")
Please Note: Processing typically takes approximately 7-10 days.
If you wish to mail in the payment you must print a PDF version of your
bill from QuikPAY and mail it along with your check payment to:
IUPUI Lockbox; Payment Processing Center; P.O. Box 7245;
Indianapolis, IN 46206-7245.
Checks presented in person with our
representatives at Student Financial Services Office or placed in the lobby drop-box may be
converted into an electronic payment format.
Checks or money orders must be made payable to IUPUI.
Checks or money orders must be payable in United States dollars and
drawn on a United States bank.
Postdated checks are not accepted.
Counter checks may not be accepted.
Two-party checks (i.e. checks made payable to an individual, company, or
institution other than IUPUI) are not accepted.
If payment is made by check, any resulting or future credit balance will not be
refunded for a deferment of 21 calendar days from the date of the payment.
Any personal business checks may be returned if the account indicates to send
For other information regarding check payments, see also: No Checks Accepted as defined on Schedule Confirmation/Account Statement, Stop Payment; Returned Checks.
Sponsored students are those for whom an agency outside the university is paying student fees. This usually is an employer but includes government agencies, Vocational Rehabilitation, Military branches, foreign governments, Trusts, and other such funding sources.
- Email: Sponsor Email
- Phone: (317)274-2451
- Fax: (317)278-1579
- All payments must be United States currency.
- Do not place cash or signed traveler's checks in the drop box located in the northeast side of the building on the second floor.
- All in-person payments must be transacted at the Office of Student Financial Services
during regular business hours located at:
IUPUI Campus Center
420 University Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Mon - Thurs (Limited service after 5:00 PM)
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Fri
Open selected Saturdays, please click here for more info.
A qualified tuition program (or 529 Plan) is a program set up to allow either prepayments or contributions to an account established for paying a student's qualified education expenses at an eligible educational institution. (IRS Publication 970.)
These plans are designed to help parents set aside money for their children's college. Almost every state and many financial and educational institutions have 529 Plans. Contact your state's Department of Higher Education to learn more.
Indiana's College Choice 529 Savings Plan
The account owner has four options for making/requesting payment:
- Complete Distribution Request Form and submit via U.S. Mail
- Call College Choice and request payment
- Submit request online at www.collegechoiceadvisor529.com.
- Contact advisor and have them request payment
PO Box 6020
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6020
Neighboring States 529 Plan Websites
Kentucky - http://www.kysaves.com
The following 529 plan payments require specific information from the University. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (or 317.274.2451) for more information.
Michigan - http://www.michigan.gov/setwithmet/
Florida - http://www.myfloridaprepaid.com/